Thursday, February 9, 2012

Proud to Be EOP!

To whom it may concern,         
           
E.O.P is more than just three letters to me.  Through this program I’ve learned so much and grown into a better man.  Being that neither of my parents were able to enroll in college I take pride in being able to get this far (sophomore year at the University at Albany SUNY).  Without the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP), myself and many other determined individuals would never get our chance to shine.  I use to think that college wasn’t for me.  I thought I would end up on the streets selling drugs like most of my friends.  However, because I chose a different path, a different future, I was able to stay focus and work hard.  After applying to several colleges and being turned down by some or not being able to afford the others I began to lose hope.  I was just going to give up on college all together.  E.O.P was able to save me and put me back on track to what is now my destiny.  I write this letter not to speak about my personal struggles but to show you that there are many others like me who are just waiting for their chance to shine.  I am currently at sophomore status with the college credits I’ve obtained from high school and honestly couldn’t be happier to be here at University at Albany.  As a sophomore, a 3.6 G.P.A having, African American man I write to inform you that E.O.P does produce and will continue to produce success stories.  Don’t let the diamonds in the rough go unfound like I almost did.  Doesn’t everyone have the right and deserve the chance to shine? Thank you for your time and I look forward to meeting with you soon.


Sincerely,
Tre Branch
Proud to be E.O.P

No comments:

Post a Comment